February 3, 2021
From Marc E. Segal, DDS
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issues. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
For our patients of record you may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places
throughout the office to use as needed.
- You may see that our reception area will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- You may bring your own pen since it is difficult to keep up with sanitizing them.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the
reception area at any one time.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our practice.
If you have any questions about your upcoming appointment or would like to make an appointment, please call our office at 215-752-0474. If you get our answering machine, please leave your name and number and a brief message and we will return your call as soon as possible.
We look forward to seeing you again and of course we welcome all new patients.
Marc E. Segal, DDS and Team